Logistics Assistant - China
This role will assist in managing DSO supply logistics flow from DSO supplier locations to consolidation points in China to air/ocean shipment and ground transport to the US external warehouse. This role will also coordinate with the receiving at the external warehouse and the update of the company inventory information system. The logistics assistant will review the demand in MRP and disseminate the information to supplier working with Assistant Project Managers in China.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Facilitate China sales order international logistics, including order shipment coordination between US HQ, DD China and DSO suppliers;
2. Collaborate with other DD China team members to support business development (BD) project with best controlled logistic cost;
3. Communicate regularly with DD division global sourcing & supply (GSS) team and DSO suppliers to coordinate parts and semi-finished goods supply to accommodate various specifications of products ordered by customers;
4. Understand true demand & seasonal order trend to improve forecast accuracy;
5. Control overall logistic cost including international and domestic freight negotiation, logistic cost monitoring report, warehouse storage vs. weekly or daily delivery better cost difference analysis, etc.;
6. Assist in managing DSO supply logistics flow, coordinate with shipping forwarder, supplier and offshore warehouse to ensure delivery on time DSO supply; screen various shipping methods to determine best total cost options
7. Conduct DSO supply shipping volume rationalization, initiate cost effective practices such as milk runs, container volume consolidation, local land or sea shipment determination, etc.
8. Check and confirm payments from DSO suppliers and 3PL suppliers to U.S. account.
9. Provide needed assistant on Customs clearance for both import and export shipment, such as paperwork, commercial shipment inspection etc.
As assigned by Senior Sourcing/Logistics Manager - China.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: Minimum two years College education required, Bachelor Degree preferred, major in international trade, accounting, business or relevant equivalent. Experience in automotive or component industry is desirable
Communication Skills: Strong communication skills in Mandarin and English minimum.
Technical Skills: Strong coordination and communication capability. Competent on multi-tasking while achieving project timelines and associated time pressure. Ability to work independently, but able to support a team spirit for mutual success. Ability to handle global logistic operation, inland and ocean/air freight
Computer Skills: Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products and Internet Explorer. Experience in using Windows based ERP or MRP program
Mathematical Skills: High competency in mathematic skills and utilization of spreadsheets for calculation and analysis purposes.
Reasoning Ability: Analytical skills to analyze issues and data and draw specific business conclusions. Ability to anticipate the needs of the team and customers and proactively plan to meet or exceed those needs.
Physical Demands: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in order to meet strict deadlines. Enthusiastic, high initiative, courteous and considerate of others.
Work Environment: Office setting, some travel may be required.